It is that time of the year when Southern California yards are ablaze with an all time classic Iris. So it is time to learn Iris Care. There are many many reasons that I love Iris; they were in my Grandmother’s garden and so are not only one of my favorite flowers, but my sister’s as well. They are easy to care for, they come up again year after year, and if you buy them from John Schoustra at Greenwood Day Lily Gardens, you will find that many of them are re-bloomers. .
My favorite thing about Iris however is their scent. It is time for you to be a kid again, and I’m going to show you how.
- Find a friend to “play with”.
- Find a yard (or nursery) that has more than one color of Iris in bloom.
- Bring a blindfold or if you can be trusted… close your eyes.
- Have your friend take you to each different Iris (one at a time) to smell their scent.
- See if you can identify the color based on what you smell.
- When you are through – walk your friend around to disorient them, and it is your turn to have them smell!
You’ll notice that each different color Iris has its own unique scent. See how good you are at guessing the scent. I smell citrus, bubble gum, grape and more!
Now that you have finished playing, it’s time to read! Here is the link to How To Care For Iris Post. Enjoy!
If you would like help adding beauty to your life, think about creating your garden with me. Give me a call at 661-917-3521 or visit my website.