‘Tis the season and giving Holiday Gifts is coming to the forefront of many minds. Holiday gifts come in many forms and Holiday decor can too! I think it is time to start decorating with and giving plants and container designs.
This is a great time of the year to accessorize your containers with fun bits and bobs. Remember you can add things like Christmas orbs, angels, Chanukah dreidels and more to the containers you create to make them really festive. They can be used both indoors and out – based on the plants you choose, and since they are live you (or your lucky friend) can simply remove the festive holiday baubles and use the design all year round.
Here are the steps you need to follow.
1. Think about who this is for, and vibe into them or the season. Select a theme or color scheme.
2. Choose a container. For more info on what options you have, read How To Select A Container.
3. Fill your container with good potting soil – don’t use soil from the backyard!
4. Select a thriller – this is the main piece (or three) that the design will be based around.
5. Add some filler – this will move the eye around the container and allow for some rest.
6. Select the spiller – a draping plant that will cascade over the edge of the pot. You can spill all around the edge, select only one spot, or even use two different plants to add drama.
If you want some plant suggestions take a look at Gifts That Keep On Keepin’ On (this is not my first time around the block on this one – I love containers!)
This is very fun and easy, I’ve been working a lot with succulents on a job right now – so since I’m a plant addict I bought a few extras for myself. I’m very glad I did, I was just invited over to dinner at a friend’s house and… instant Hostess Gift!
Let me help you create the garden paradise of your dreams, large or small, edible or ornamental – if you can dream it, we can create it. I love collaborating with my clients and I’d love to collaborate with you. You can call me at 661-917-3521 or visit my website and contact me there.