This week I was lucky enough to have as my guest on a teleclass, Elaine Giftos Wright, my friend, colleague, and an amazing Feng Shui Master Consultant. Her company, The Wright Way of Feng Shui, has been helping families and businesses around the Los Angeles area and if you heard the class you know that helping people is her passion.
I thought that I would share with you some tips that I took away from out talk; I hope that they teach you a little more about Feng Shui and at the same time pique your interest in the art and science of Feng Shui.
1. Feng Shui means wind & water – everything on earth is made of wind and water the study of Feng Shui is to help you bring energy and abundance into your home and your life. It is not a religion or faith and it certainly is not magic or a get rich quick program. It is a practice that you use over time to add to your home, and should be used in concert with a Feng Shui practitioner.
2. In Feng Shui it is said that your front yard is your past, inside your home is your present and your backyard is your future. That tells me that we should all create beautiful, relaxing, nurturing, and healing gardens in our backyard!
3. There are five elements in Feng Shui (and in the world for that matter) and each of them is associated with a color. The elements are: Water (black), Earth (mustard/gold), Fire (red), Wood (green), and Metal (white). Using colors and elements in the proper areas of your garden will enhance and can help correct areas in your life.
4. Use meandering pathways in your garden to bring in undulating chi (the good kind). The best kind of energy for your home and garden is energy that flows like a brook. A sharp straight walkway into your home will bring sharp, negative energy (Shar Chi) into your home. Soften it by creating a beautiful curved pathway into your home, or if you can’t afford to upgrade your hardscape add beautiful container designs in odd numbers.
5. Create an alternative way into your home. Do you want more opportunities in your life? If you do creating a secondary entrance (meandering) into your home will help draw those opportunities to you.
Do you want more Feng Shui Tips? Would you like a few visuals to help you spruce up your garden? If you live in or near Santa Clarita, you are in luck! Elaine and I will be speaking at Green Thumb’s Spring Opening next Saturday March 24, 2012 at 10 am. The event lasts all day but we’re only speaking in the morning! Elaine and I will both be raffling off some of our services, and Green Thumb always has a wonderful bunch of raffle prizes themselves! They also offer a discount off of merchandise bought that day, and we can even help you pick things out! Green Thumb is located at: 23734 Newhall Ave. Newhall, CA 91321.
We hope to see you there!